EonCraft

Survival & Creative Minecraft Server

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > New Server?

Senza_Sordina

Hello former EonCraftians!

First of all, happy national Get Outdoors Day to the Americans of the server (Is it just a coincidence that it falls one day after national Doughnut Day??). Anyway, I thought it would be a GREAT day to announce Elk's and my new Feed the Beast server for all of you who aren't doing outdoor things. ;) 

So, yes, we are starting a new server, but it's not the traditional type. We are trying to scrape by with a very convenient price of five dollars per month for a 4-5 slot server, but no worries, we have ideas! But we need your input! Not even five dollars is worthwhile if nobody is up for the idea!

We really only want 6-8 VERY trustworthy people to be available, as this will be a very tightly-knit community. That means nobody goes and runs off into the wilderness and builds their house, and hoards all of their materials and never speaks. It means we all work and live together in a small, cozy community where we will set up a wonderful power source that we can all leech off of (good enough compromise?). Plus, we will all work together as a big, happy family, helping each other out. So, we will mine for the benefit of the town (ie. some of your materials will go to the community chest center or whatever it will be, and we will all use it to build something that benefits the whole player body). Of course, we want you to have your own houses and resources, but mostly, we will work as a collective unit. In a cozy town. With people who we know won't nuke our stuff.

Speaking of nukes.. They'll be banned :D Also, we will have our currency local to FTB, and will have the recipe for that currency banned. That means a select few that we spawn in will be in circulation. There will be a shop system as well, so use your currency wisely. Other than FTB, of course, no other plugins will be implemented excluding the recipe banning one. Yep, you heard it, no permissions. There will be ops and normal players (no worries, EVERYONE will be playing 1000000% legitimate), and nobody will be opped except for Elk and me. Sorry guys. Harp on Elk if you want an argument on that one. 

Well that about sums up our announcement! PLEASE tell us if you like the idea, because we should get started. It's summer! Isn't anyone bored? :) I know it will be great! If you want in, just put your IGN, and at least one suggestion on how we can change/improve our server (Yes, more homework for your poor souls). And again, we can't accept you if we don't trust you.  Much more information will be put up soon.

Happy crafting!

P.S. If any forum administrators are still alive out there, Elk "accidentally" deleted his forum account and can no longer access it. An invite back would be very appreciated :)

--

eoncraft

June 8, 2013 at 5:15 PM Flag Quote & Reply

lopalop2

may i join?

-lopalop2

--

June 9, 2013 at 3:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

HeadHunterX11

Hey, headhunter here! I love feed the beast, and a true survival FTB server would be epic! I would TOTALLY join and be on a lot. Looking forward to a launch! The server would be completely worth it! Hope it starts up!

IGN: HeadHunterX11

EDIT: I'm a huge fan of the whole "small community of players" thing. I would be TOTALLY game for all that, you can be guaranteed of that. I am also VERY trustworthy. I was on the EonCraft server and I built through 5 map resets before the server died. You can trust me forever and always, I would LOVE to be playing on a server with you all again, even though it's been too long.

Incase you're interested, I'm 14 but I act older then that. I spell very well, and I never break any of the "rules of minecraft" such as spamming, hacking, etc. Again, I really really hope this starts up. I will be on all the time, always happy to help.

June 9, 2013 at 5:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Senza_Sordina

Hey guys, thanks for replying!

Lopalop, we both trust you a lot and would definitely be willing to let you join! Again, if you have any suggestions for tweaking the server to make it better, we always appreciate that. Thank you!

Headhunter! Long time no see! Sounds great about how enthusiastic you are and we will be happy to have such an ambitious player working with us. I remember no problems with you in EonCraft, so welcome aboard!

Nitemare will probably be joining us as well, but he still needs to reply (hint hint). Sound like a good community so far?

The launch is planned to be very soon, like, within the next few days. We will be up in running in no time.

A few side notes: The server will be completely community-based - that means even though there are admins, they do nothing except for keep the server running if it crashes and make sure everything runs smoothly. All decisions will most likely based on a democracy. The mod pack is not yet decided but will most likely be between MindCrack and the Ultimate Pack-preferences anyone?

I'm glad to have some active voices, and I'm really looking forward to the launch!

Happy Crafting.

-Senza_Sordina

--

eoncraft

June 9, 2013 at 5:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

lopalop2

I like both of those packs so either one is fine with me, although i prefer ultimate pack

--

June 9, 2013 at 7:13 PM Flag Quote & Reply

HeadHunterX11

And thank YOU, for the rapid reply. Again, I'm super enthusiastic for this, I can't wait to play! Oh, and the community is sounding amazing so far! Anything I can do to help, just let me know! I would DEFINITELY prefer the ultimate pack, and i think everybody else would too. Although they don't know it, that's the pack that 90% of "FTBers" use. Democracy decision sounds great, it will be nice to see lopalop2 and nitemare again.

I quite literally cannot wait for this, it sounds like an amazing idea. I'm trying to think of any suggestions that cross my mind as I write this...and will continue to do so. I eagerly await the launch!

June 9, 2013 at 11:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

HeadHunterX11

IDEAS:

1. This server definitely needs a whitelist.

2. I think this server should be to-the-ground and as back-to-the-basics as possible. Although this is an amusing contradiction, what we need most is "Vanilla Feed The Beast." Nothing extra.

3. Again, the idea of currency sounds fantastic. However, what we definitely need without a doubt is a physical currency. And it can't be something like gold, ruby, uranium etc. that can be mined out of the ground. We need to use an item that cannot be placed (like a stick or a diamond) and cannot be obatained naturally.

4. I'm partially experienced with FTB, but not at all with hosting a FTB server. We need to make sure we have some form of Anti-Cheat enabled. Of course this is unlikely to be needed, but it's needed nonetheless.

So those are my ideas so far, really eager for the server. Oh and btw Senza, I was a very active and helpful player on the EonCraft server. I was on daily, and was always helping people, I even gained some very high ranks by proving my building skills. I built an amazing house, and even the people that destroyed it admired it publicly in the chat (I need to use F2 more, haha).

--

- H34DHunterX11

Long-time, faithful EonCrafter.

June 9, 2013 at 11:13 PM Flag Quote & Reply

HeadHunterX11

I did my research. Important, please read.

We definitely, and I mean DEFINITELY need to remove or disable the mod "ComputerCraft." This mod, although hard to learn, provides players with an insane amount of ways to exploit the game. You can create a little robot or computer with very basic and easy-to-find materials, and use it to mine for you, forever, without tiring. If you want, you can program a "mining turtle" to go a thousand blocks away, go mining and only keep precious metals in it's inventory, go back to your house and drop stuff off, and then do this again.

Now, with that said, there are conditions. The mod can either be fully disabled, or it can be modified so that specifically the "Mining Turtle" cannot be crafted. As long as the Mining Turtle is not craftable, and we are sure of that, the ComputerCraft mod is actually very cool and useful. Hope I helped! Take my word on this, I've played FTB before.

--

- H34DHunterX11

June 9, 2013 at 11:53 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Senza_Sordina

Awesome! Since you numbered it for your questions, I shall answer in numbers! :)

1. We will without a doubt have a whitelist.

2. We will be basically playing with the basics, no other plugins will be added. Legit all the way!

3. The currency of Feed the Beast is physical, and since the recipe for it will be banned, it won't be craftable. We may have to set up a system, however, as the circulating pieces may become lost in transit when a player dies, so that we can spawn replacement currency in.

4. All anitcheat plugins that we have found are unfortunately not compatible with FTB. So this is why we have a whitelist and very trusted players in a small community.

Love your ideas! We are going to implement the Ultimate Pack, as it encompasses a lot more than MindCrack did.

More side notes: We have constructed a building code which we will follow, I may upload it here or somewhere else very soon. Also, I was thinking about writing a "goals" list for us to work up to and accomplish. This could include everything from building a working computer to killing the hydra to building a proper spawn building. More ideas are welcome and encouraged. I can't write 100 of these by myself!

Looking forward to this for sure! Official launch is aimed to happen early Tuesday morning, however I will be on for a while beforehand finding a good seed and setting up a spawn point etc.

If any of you have madsniper77 on Skype, you should definitely tell him to join. I saw him online today and sent him a message but he didn't reply. I miss him a lot, anyone else?

--

eoncraft

June 9, 2013 at 11:59 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Senza_Sordina

Hello again, while I was typing my message another one from you popped up! 

I actually am a pretty big fan of ComputerCraft, I have enjoyed learning lua and finagling the system. But I see where you are coming from. I will talk to Elk, and we may disable the turtles,

--

eoncraft

June 10, 2013 at 12:02 AM Flag Quote & Reply

HeadHunterX11

Yes, I agree, computercraft is a wonderful mod, and I love it. It's truly amazing, especially with redstone. Although, again I strongly believe Turtles need to go, because they're a non-stop free source of items, with little to no work involved.

--

- H34DHunterX11

June 10, 2013 at 1:41 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Senza_Sordina

I need all of your opinions again!

I was just thinking that putting up a goals list and a building code would be about impossible on this thread, so, I was going to make a new website for our little server. But I came to the first question, which was "what is the name of your website," and felt like a genius because I never thought of that. What do you guys think? I think it should end with Craft, of course. I'm open to all suggestions!

Thanks in advance.

--

eoncraft

June 10, 2013 at 12:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Senza_Sordina

And Headhunter do you have Skype? I would like to add you if you do.

--

eoncraft

June 10, 2013 at 12:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

lopalop2

he is headhunterx11, i think

--

June 10, 2013 at 1:01 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Senza_Sordina

Ideas for names- I looked up some elvenish names on the Internet, and hey, they gave me the translations too. Here are some of my favorites, tell me if you like any.

KlasylCraft: Dragon of the Mountain

MythadiCraft: Emerald Protectorate

CorlianCraft: Legendary Master/Mistress

LyriaCraft: Wolf Hunter

ThalianCraft: Vigilant Master/Mistress

Still open for other suggestions.

--

eoncraft

June 10, 2013 at 3:40 PM Flag Quote & Reply

lopalop2

im liking

KlasylCraft: Dragon of the Mountain

and

ThalianCraft: Vigilant Master/Mistress

--

June 10, 2013 at 4:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

HeadHunterX11

Yes, my skype USERname is "HeadHunterX11" but my NAME on skype is: "HHX (Jeff)."

I have received 3 contact requests. 2 of them I don't know, but one was lopalop, and I accepted. If you want to add me on skype please send me a request and post your Skype username on here, so I know. Thanks!

I eagerly await Tuesday morning! Oh by the way Senza, what time zone are you in?

--

- H34DHunterX11

June 10, 2013 at 9:00 PM Flag Quote & Reply

HeadHunterX11

I'm a fan of LyriaCraft. Sounds really cool, espeicially the meaning. I am more then happy to help make the website, if you can trust me Senza. I have made a few Webs.com sites in the past, and I would love to help you. 

Also, Senza I now have you on skype, as well as lopalop. I got a third contact request. Can the owner please  speak up?

--

- H34DHunterX11

June 10, 2013 at 9:07 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Senza_Sordina

Okay! This should be my last (or close there to) post on here before we move sites. I am still working on it, just worrying about the main points. The design is still a bit rough on the edges, but I will take you up on your offer and promote you to site admin so you can smooth up some things on the site. 

I have decided the name will be KlasylCraft, though it was a tough decision. 

I am in the mountain time zone (Colorado) so hopefully it's not too different from all of yours.

Elk is still having some problems getting the server to work but I think it will still be up by some time tomorrow.

Madsniper finally answered me and will be joining us, it will be good to see him again. Nite is most likely joining us but he left abruptly on Skype a few days ago and hasn't answered me back, hopefully he will still show up.

--

eoncraft

June 10, 2013 at 10:44 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Senza_Sordina

Go to www.klasylcraft.webs.com for further information. I will promote admins ASAP.

--

eoncraft

June 10, 2013 at 11:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.