EonCraft

Survival & Creative Minecraft Server

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > Rebirth of Eoncraft

AbsolvedCrypt

Hello all, the current circumstance of the server is not helping at all and needs to be fixed ASAP.

We are just sitting ducks and just waddling on our ass and shitting all over the place without cleaning it up.

We already have people leaving and yet we are doing NOTHING.

This is outrageous and I hope an admin or moderator who can do something about this reads this:

Here is a list of what we need to do quick:

• People are already leaving, so let's swap for a new map and build a nice spawn within 1-2 days and not a month. (world edit and spawning blocks  preferred for haste)
  • Advertise. Advertise like hell (we can post on minecraft server lists, this is what we did and within the first night we had a full server)
  • We already have a "determined" staff so this should help us in the future.
  • Get people to register on forums so they'll most likely become active/tied to the server (If you join our forums, you will get 2 diamonds!) This would be a part of the "Forum Management Team's Duty"

This method is certain to get Eoncraft up and running again. Old members will check back on these forums some time and say "Wow! I'm returning to Eoncraft! Looks like it's been a success!"

Admins or moderators please reply ASAP and let us know your insight.

--

June 11, 2012 at 10:38 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Chaos3673 ( Wizard Chaos )

Woo :D

June 11, 2012 at 10:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

VvmattozzvV
Site Owner

We are getting a new map for 1.3 this has already been decided upon, I am in the process of testing and configuring all the new plugins we will have implemented. I do agree we need to advertise but not many people will join with a new map just around the corner and a half-made spawn.

I will re-add the creative world that can be our main 'selling point' until we have better features available. Also we will not reward people for advertising because we don't spawn items to give to anyone (not even ourselves)

--

June 12, 2012 at 11:03 AM Flag Quote & Reply

AbsolvedCrypt

Are we going to spawn items to at least do the spawn? That would make the process 200% easier then going out, building your fort first, then turning it into a base, then making supplies for yourself, then getting diamond pickaxes, then finally conserving materials to be built for the spawn.

I've seen a few legit good looking spawns, but it's so much easier just to spawn items and build one.

Eoncraft is Legit, I just want a good start for the server (Well-made spawn)

Also, if saying spawning items for only the spawn itself isn't legit.. then pasting the castle from the previous map into our current was not legit. 8)

--

June 12, 2012 at 12:23 PM Flag Quote & Reply

VvmattozzvV
Site Owner

We're not going to be spawning items whatsoever. We will be bringing over a building for the spawn to be however.

--

June 12, 2012 at 12:35 PM Flag Quote & Reply

AbsolvedCrypt

Honestly, I don't see the difference between spawning items and "spawning" buildings, but alright.

I hope its a good spawn.

--

June 12, 2012 at 12:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Idk but we need to do something quick ( something that wont take an entire month to pull off ) i think we need to redesign how we do everything, and look how things worked in the past .

June 12, 2012 at 1:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Senza_Sordina

Question time.

1. Do we want new players or the old players back?

New players will be getting tired of plain vanilla Minecraft by now, so we HAVE TO HAVE TO HAVE TO make our server pop. Several of us have submitted roleplay ideas, and I know Matt had some ideas himself, but we aren't doing anything about it. I would advise choosing and implementing one fast.

If we want old players back, read on.

To be honest, Tainted/Rismack and Morphcraft both pummeled EonCraft. You know why? The answer is so complex but still simple. Incentive. It was that inspiration to get on every day and see your buddy and screw around with them on Minecraft. It was that drive to see what jokes someone would crack about you or the cool builds you could design. It was that friendly aura and that occasional party you may hold in your house. It was togetherness. You could walk down the road and see your shop within 20 blocks and know it was safe from raids. Same with your house. You know what limits us? Freedom. We can't create shops for free anymore, we can't live in a fixed city without worrying about people raiding you, and we can't just have fun. We can't have those few funny staff members screwing with you using /thor without it being power abuse. We can't just relax and get acquainted. So, I just gave you a summary of RismackCraft. What worked for you guys in MorphCraft? Did you have that same "we are friends and not people who may raid each other at any given moment" relationship? Notice how everyone says, "remember our base in Morphcraft? Remember Rismack? Remember that huge tree?" What about remember EonCraft? None. Honestly, living in a together, organized town will bring that feeling back. That perfect feeling of going to your neighbor's house and just jacking around and then maybe mining together later. People go thousands of blocks away from spawn and do their own stuff, so we can't do that with them. And it sucks.

2. Look at the donation rate for Rismack/TaintedCraft, compared to EonCraft, for example. A server running for oh.. 4 months or so (June, July, August and part of September I believe). Donation of $30 from two different players. EonCraft, (part of September, October, November, December, January, February, March, April, May, we are in June). 9 months. Donation of $2 from one player. There is one thing that separates these two donation rates. I have mentioned it before, and it has even been mentioned in this thread. I don't want to mention it again and get my head bitten off. But Matt, you know what Rismack/Tainted had that EonCraft didn't. It's your choice, but if you want players, that's my advice...

3. Why did these people that are leaving leave? Well, unity and lost interest. Maybe Tainted/Rismack people just don't belong with MorphCraft people. We don't like each other. I'm sorry, but that's what it looks like to me. We obviously had different play styles and combining them to something different doesn't work. We can't all be happy, apparently.

Again, there is the matter of lost interest. Minecraft is a three year old game. Games just don't last forever. Maybe this whole endeavor is just pointless.. It can't last forever.

4. Why can't we be happy with a small community? A few people that know each other pretty well is better than a lot of people who hate each other. But the problem is, there are a lot of "small groups" who want that same thing for themselves on the same server. Which is why several of us broke off and created other ones. (Guilty as well. But there is no reason that we can't still be active on both, even if it's a little less for each.) Decreasing slot size would save money, and really there is no need for 20 slots right now, unless we can figure something out.

On another thought, if we can get this going, I will always be willing to do whatever we need. I will put advertisements, I can help with a promotional video clip for the server, and I can of course do whatever else needs done. I haven't given up on EonCraft, but I have given up on our situation. I have put my idea in and that's what I want, obviously. If you can make a base idea for me, I will elaborate on it and make some more ideas to see if I could make another good idea. We can't just keep doing absolutely nothing. Don't try and get everyone else's input before you do anything, Matt you made Rismack work and you can implement your own great ideas to make EonCraft work too.

--

eoncraft

June 12, 2012 at 8:09 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Nitemare24

^

I agree with the stuff that I read :)

--

June 12, 2012 at 11:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

12345blitzkrieg

My opinion,

If people don't mind before I present my ideas to everyone I would like to talk to matt about them.

Signed

12345blitzkrieg

--

Signed

12345blitzkrieg

June 13, 2012 at 1:36 AM Flag Quote & Reply

12345blitzkrieg

hello,

I'd like to tell you a story.......

The first server I have had a serious connection with was magical to say the least.......

I remember that night when I spawned in, the admin gave me and another a tour. I was given some stuff from the donation chest and was thrown into the world........ I was allowed to stay in the sandy hotel but one friendly player who built houses offered me to stay with him till I was on my feet. Since then on that server I had much fun, building, exploring and preparing with friends for adventures gave me a certain feeling of being included. My nick name was the good samaritan for I was known for giving out most of my possessions and helping where I could. A few examples is giving that few pieces of charcoal or even paying someones complete debt which was 128 paper (paper was our currency, we were %100 vanilla). The server eventually went major pvp so I quit......

Our server should be a server of freedom, how we intend on playing and in general fun. Personally with eoncraft in the current map we stepped away from fun and went towards being directed to play in a certain way when we missed the point of why minecraft is so famous........ community, community, community.....

I hope you all see my point and maybe even support it.....

Signed

12345blitzkrieg

--

Signed

12345blitzkrieg

June 13, 2012 at 1:46 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Senza_Sordina

I completely agree with the above post. That "magical" feeling you describe is what I want back. I don't know the exact reason for the feeling of detachment, but if we lived in, like you say, a community or town, it has to bring some of that back. Of course you could make your way outside the walls, but only when exploring or mining. The rest of the day just build a house or a shop or something. Just imagine it for a minute... Then tell me what you think.

--

eoncraft

June 13, 2012 at 9:44 AM Flag Quote & Reply

VvmattozzvV
Site Owner

Just because you can't see things being done to the server doesn't mean I'm not working my ass off getting things working, configured and updated.

--

June 13, 2012 at 11:37 AM Flag Quote & Reply

i have to agree with Senza on one topic. Tainted/Rismack players and Morpcraft players have different views on most topics. ive also noticed that split between the old servers, like Tainted/Rismack players staying with there group and Morphcraft players staying in there group. Theres just that split in the entire Eoncraft server , and i think its harming us in a way we havent identified.

June 13, 2012 at 3:36 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Muntgamry

I just became aware that the server was going to change maps after Dan told me to check the forums, and to be honest, I'm kinda pissed. From what I can tell, the main reasons for changing maps are, a new spawn, and a better sense of "community".

For the spawn issue, can we not finish the spawn we have now? or is there some reason that I don't know of that makes it so we cant. And if we can't, whats wrong with walking 20 minutes in one direction, find a place where no one has build, and build a new spawn there?

For the "community" issue, I may be wrong but I don't believe its the map that brings people together, but.. possibly.. the people! *gasp*. Senza said that he liked it in previous maps when everyone build in the same little area, well what's stopping you from getting your friends together and building a town? Senza also said that people are going off far away and building. People are going to do that no matter what. The only reason my house is still in Elysium's city is because I've been gather reasources so I could go build far away, which I will have to do again if we change maps. Basically, I don't see how a new map will bring people together.

I'm personally against the map change not becuase I've build some massive thing that will take forever to rebuild, like Sceptins has, but becuase of all of the resources I've gathered, and don't want to have to re-gather.

I really don't want to, but if I get promised that there wont be another map change after this one, I will start over on this new map, but if I can't get that I'm going to have to find another server to play on.

-Muntgamry

June 13, 2012 at 5:26 PM Flag Quote & Reply

AbsolvedCrypt

Ok well, here's from my perspective (don't judge)

Back in OblivionRP (Pre-Morphcraft) Before the time of Undersea and Captaindooguls (you know who i'm talking about OrtwinS)

everything was perfect. The server was striving mainly because it was based on the time of aristocracy and power. We had a main spawn city, called the Imperial City. It was purely amazing, with huge architecture and sewers. Of course, we werent "legit" and we spawned items to make the city, but it was still very fun. I like to come onto minecraft to enjoy myself, not to force myself to log on, mine minerals, then build a spawn with limited resources. We had a nice community, always expanding. I really liked where it was heading too. Ortwins and I designed a map and labeled different biomes that we would construct. We had the main desert, highlands, mountains, islands, and the forest. It was coming along very well, and I couldn't wait to get on the next day.

Well, what I am saying is we should make minecraft more fun. If we took time into landscaping the map, that'd be perfect. For me, it's the map and not the people. Although for our current situation we just need to fix the spawn. I'm already used to isolating myself from people because of all the raiding that is going on. I mean, it's pretty clear to me why people build far off. I wouldn't call the people that kill me for my inventory a 'friend'. I merely think of them as an annoyance. Back in OblivionRP, people NEVER raided each other (I think player killing was not enabled back then) and everything was so much fun.

But, after a while, all good things must come to an end. You can tell we have a split up community from the posts above ^. Someone said "If you wanna argue about a split community, why are there only TaintedCraft members as staff, and not a single MorphCraft member as staff?" I don't care who I play with, tbh. People could be nicer to one another in my opinion. Especially killing-wise. Killing someone to me is like going up to a guy, punching him in the face, stealing his wallet, and then running off. They'd still call you their friend, but hell no. they aren't.

To me, it's the fact that people killed each other, raided each other, and more that ruined everything.

@Senza - What does Tainted have that Eoncraft doesn't that's so essential? What's up to Matt?

@Muntgamry - I heard we are getting a new map for the next update, but I don't know what it entails. Probably a new mineral, idk.

--

June 13, 2012 at 9:21 PM Flag Quote & Reply

I would have to agree on Abs... back in those days everything was perfect. people were building together ( if im correct only admins could spawn blocks only on certain ocasions) so the community would come up with a project no matter how silly and would happily give up some of there own resources to help build the project we were building. Back then people enjoyed coming on the server, it was full of life and the moment you logged in you could feel that connection amongst the players and staff. Too me their is soemthing there that impacted the entire community and we need to bring that into Eoncraft if it is to survive and prosper.

June 13, 2012 at 10:23 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Senza_Sordina

Abs, the thing that Tainted/Rismack had is 75 percent or so 'legitness' you may call it. I completely understand it when you want to play legit for the sense of accomplishment. Only donators and admins could spawn items, and mods got the flymod. It by all means was not legit for the staff members, but the rest of the community had to play legit. Seeing as how there are not a lot of staff members, almost all of the community would be legit. Bringing this back would increase donation rates and we could more quickly make towns or buildings so the players wouldn't have to take months to do so legitly. Even just building plots and walls would save unnecessarily spent time. Like Abs said, I would rather enjoy myself with a nice town and socialized players than take forever to build everything and barely have time for that. As for being nicer to each other, I really don't have suggestions other than getting to know people better.

--

eoncraft

June 14, 2012 at 9:32 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.