EonCraft

Survival & Creative Minecraft Server

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > New Map

Prussiankings

Alright, as some of you may know, I am not a fan of a new map, for a few (hopefully logicical) reasons (if you have more, add them)

1.)  We've already had 5 - Obviously new maps arent working

2.) "A new map will fix all our problems" - Sadly, as much as I wish, this isnt true. The same things will happen and it will get boring just as it has the past 5 maps. Truth be told, things will be exciting for about a month, and then, eventually, they will settle down back to what it is now

3.) "You can build everything again" - Im sorry but have you ever tried to build something epic again? It doesnt work the way you think it would. If we keep changing maps, were going to lose much of the epicness of our builders, because "hey, its just going to get lost when we change maps again". If we dont have people building, then what motivation is there to play?

Alright, and now my suggestions

1.) You can move spawn - You, quite literally, have an infinite world to build in, so why would we need to get a new map for something we can just move somewhere else?

2.) We can change things without changing the map - Once again, infinite world. If you want to start over, go walk for a few minutes and begin again

One thing thats bugging me is that the people trying to change the map are the ones who havent been on or building, so its easy for them to say "you can build it again". If you were working on something for, literally, 2 or 3 months in your life, could you let it go to waste? I understand that they are trying to make it interseting for them, but you also have to think about the people that have been on everyday building.

If you buy a car and it gets boring, you dont ditch it after 2 months to buy the exact same one, but a different colour.

Anyways, If the map changes, eoncraft is going to lose some great builders, which seems counterproductive to what the new map is trying to do

June 7, 2012 at 11:24 PM Flag Quote & Reply

AbsolvedCrypt

Our world is indeed not limited,

we have restrictions and can only go so far, last time I tried.

The thing with new maps is that people want to start over, (mainly, when I want a new map, it's because no matter where I go there is always some hint of mankind that has trailed over the area such as housing, torches, missing trees, etc.)

We shouldn't change the map though, I agree with that. We just need to build a damn good spawn quick

--

June 8, 2012 at 11:53 AM Flag Quote & Reply

madsniper77

btw if we dont get a new map I hope everyone has sharp 5 diamond swords. With new enchant system max level for sharpness,smite and bane of arthro is lv4 and they added feather falling 4 as well. Sharpness enchant adds 2 hearts of damage per level so anybody posseing sharp 5 swords such as myself hold a near permanent advantage over the entire server come 1.3. A new map will fix that.

Also im pretty sure almost every chunk within the boundary has been explored so finding emerald ore would be difficult. This would make trading more of a pain and rob of of the joy of ever finding emerald while mining.

June 8, 2012 at 9:06 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ElkStalker

madsniper77 at June 8, 2012 at 9:06 PM

btw if we dont get a new map I hope everyone has sharp 5 diamond swords. With new enchant system max level for sharpness,smite and bane of arthro is lv4 and they added feather falling 4 as well. Sharpness enchant adds 2 hearts of damage per level so anybody posseing sharp 5 swords such as myself hold a near permanent advantage over the entire server come 1.3. A new map will fix that.

Also im pretty sure almost every chunk within the boundary has been explored so finding emerald ore would be difficult. This would make trading more of a pain and rob of of the joy of ever finding emerald while mining.

I had not even though about this. They are good strong points same with pyramids and temples!

--

Time To Get My MInecraft On!!!

June 8, 2012 at 10:22 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Prussiankings

It would take about 4 days for people to have sharp diamond swords again

Also, you can still go and look for those new things. Its a new fangled idea called "exploring". Its all the rage these days

June 8, 2012 at 11:56 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ElkStalker

There is a world boarder that has been reached in all directions. And Mad means that there will no longer be sharp 5 just sharp 4 which is a major disadvantage.

--

Time To Get My MInecraft On!!!

June 9, 2012 at 12:23 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.