EonCraft

Survival & Creative Minecraft Server

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > [A] What can I do for you?

dmgadelha

Ok guys, Matt just informed me that I'm now an [A]dmin at Eoncraft....

Problem is... I don't want to Admin this server for me.... I need to admin this for people, and we dont exactly have people. Even our regular players haven't been much active latelly and summer is here (for most of you).

I don't know what kind of decision power I have over the server. Matt made me an admin, but Ort still needs to be informed of that...

I certainly don't have access to server files, so I won't be able to help you guys changing anything big for now.

So here we go... I'd like you guys to help me think, what can we change for now, that would improve the server... I can asure that the spawn is on this list... it needs to be finished.

I'm not sure how much of Senz/Elks Ideas can be implemented for now, but I'd like to hear from everyone.

Lets go people.. Ideas... IDEAS!!!

--

June 2, 2012 at 4:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Sceptin

No new map is my number 1 idea. You will lose even more people if you put a new map on, including myself :/ Second idea, think of the most epic and impressive build and just build it! Make the most impressive map ever to draw people in. More so when it is all legit. I'm on this server because of the legit, survival aspect and I don't want that changing.

Next idea is, get on the server and stay on it for a bit. When people see that first person on, they will get on, then another will get on after seeing 2 people, and it continues.

Last piece, Don't say there is nothing to do. It's Minecraft! The only limit is your imagination. So dream big! :P

--

http://i.imgur.com/N0FJf.png

June 2, 2012 at 5:10 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Senza_Sordina

Hello,

I don't want to say this because it's my idea, but I have been thinking for literally months for more ideas to pull people in. Consequently, the apocalypse one happened to be the best one, and no, it's not some crap idea that I just made up a few days ago. So, I really have a strong feeling that this one has to be good. I have planned it out thoroughly, and even written quite a long storyline to go with it.

Adressing Sceptin's problem, we understand about our idea's probably including a new map. Adapting our current map would be very difficult. Possible, but difficult. Couldn't we "hire" a builder such as yourself that would build the new map? I'm sure that the staff team would appreciate it if only they could be on there, but I'm sure that they would understand your enthusiasm and inspiration for building. At the moment, we are also looking for plugins that would be very useful.

Let's hear your feedback, please. I don't want a simple, "I like it," I would like a thought out, descriptive answer.

Congrats on admin, Dan!

--

eoncraft

June 2, 2012 at 7:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Prussiankings

Prussians Ideas:

1.) No new map. I really do like Senzes idea, but I dont think I could stomach losing all my work... again..

2.) New spawn? I know the current spawn is "O's baby", but I think that all of us should build a spawn together. It would foster unity and give people something to do

3.) Maybe bring back 2 (waring) factions? I liked how it worked during old Morphcraft, and seeing how factions are pointless now..

Ill think of more, feedback?

June 3, 2012 at 1:13 PM Flag Quote & Reply

srking97

I do like your ideas but the one I really like is the third one.

--

June 3, 2012 at 1:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Senza_Sordina

Hey King and Prussian,

I know that you were really excited about the Morphcraft factions and all of its storyline, but remember when we just joined the server, we were on the Morphcraft map and Morphcraft factions, with Morphcraft everything, and it never really worked because here we are in a different map. If you think about it, it's not really fun for the people from Matt's old server because your factions never had to change like we did. Factions are pointless now, because people are inactive. That is the main problem, not the factions themselves. By the way, Coalition, the Empire and the Order all have less than 4 people, that it against the rules, I believe. Two warring factions would be okay, but in the past one always dominates and everyone leaves the weak one to go to the strong one. The idea I'm going for can be witnessed or observed in this server: intoxicated.evolutiongaming.org. This is not the main storyline of course, but the central idea is similar. You can join and take a look at it if you wish, and maybe even come up with some more ideas.

--

eoncraft

June 3, 2012 at 2:31 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ShootingChimpz(MandM97)

Senza_Sordina at June 3, 2012 at 2:31 PM

Hey King and Prussian,

I know that you were really excited about the Morphcraft factions and all of its storyline, but remember when we just joined the server, we were on the Morphcraft map and Morphcraft factions, with Morphcraft everything, and it never really worked because here we are in a different map. If you think about it, it's not really fun for the people from Matt's old server because your factions never had to change like we did. Factions are pointless now, because people are inactive. That is the main problem, not the factions themselves. By the way, Coalition, the Empire and the Order all have less than 4 people, that it against the rules, I believe. Two warring factions would be okay, but in the past one always dominates and everyone leaves the weak one to go to the strong one. The idea I'm going for can be witnessed or observed in this server: intoxicated.evolutiongaming.org. This is not the main storyline of course, but the central idea is similar. You can join and take a look at it if you wish, and maybe even come up with some more ideas.

OK I like the idea you have senza but I think its not for us. If you say is true about this idea is from intovicated.evolutiongaming.org then its already used and we would just be following their idea.

I do think Srking97 and I's idea will help the server bring back old players and also bring new ones in, it wouldn't be limiting the abilities of people who just wanna build (sceptin :0) and also adds events happening everyday in the server!

I do want to make a statement to fill the server up then expand alot more than 20 people, say 30, for the reason being of all the people who want to just build (sceptin :0) and those who want to do the PVP and also some traders and hunters and such, Adding some roleplay.

And lastly, I'd like to congrats Dan for the promotion! :P

--

June 4, 2012 at 2:58 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Senza_Sordina

What do you mean it's not for us? Obviously, if you look at my actual thread "Into the Apocalypse," there were only a small select few who did not like the idea. The vast majority did. One thing that you have to understand is that I am not taking their idea, did you even log onto that server Mand? No, it's not their idea. It's the very basic start of their idea. For example, on theirs, they had a law where if you were caught with drugs or weapons you would be sent to jail, hence in my idea where if you had weapons or valuables then you would be sent to jail. That is the only similar thing about that one. Otherwise, you would be comparing an idea with drug dealers who are escaping prison and a monster apocalypse where people have a safehaven: their town. Does that sound the same at all? Nope. Basically, the outriders "symbolize" the police officers, and that's it.

Contradicting your statement about bringing back old players and bringing new ones in, as I already stated, it would not be limiting building space or freedom. As I said, they could build the city beforehand, or build under the city during the gameplay. We could even give them a role of builder in the city and have them build whatever they want so that it fits in with the idea. I don't think that any of our really good builders are huge pixel art fans, so their builds would be acceptable and presentable to the community, if you know what I mean.

I read through your idea a little while back but I don't remember much of it. However, I do remember that it was bringing back old Morphcraft factions. As I already stated quite a few times, it is not exactly exciting for us former TaintedCraft members because you are just bringing your old Morphcraft ideas back! We are EonCraft, a different server than before, we need different factions than before. We need different ideas than before. My idea is totally different from what we had before. In your idea, you also made you and Srking (surprise surprise) be leaders of factions. As you can see, I never mentioned one player name in my story and NEVER gave someone a higher position than others, other than current staff members. That is assumed. So, I want everyone to have a fair chance, not to have a whole thing set out where you have all of the power and crush anyone else. It kind of makes me mad because you already created your three factions, and they have less than 4 people! I don't know which staff member allowed that, but it is against the rules. Nobody okayed your idea, yet you still went on with it.

Your last, very long sentence confused me. You say you want to expand the server more, but look at our standpoint right now. We have an owner who seems already reluctant to pay (either that or he forgot), and increasing slot size would be even more expensive for them. Besides, we don't even need more slots. The maximum limit has never been reached as far as I know, and absolutely NO more than 10 people are ever on at one time. 15 would be pushing it in the summer time, I'm sure. All of the people who just want to build, those who want to do PVP, and the traders and hunters.... Again, you have to understand that there are only a select few of each of those (maybe 5 dedicated builders, traders and hunters are pretty much everyone else, so lets say 10 or so. Realize that those groups include a lot of the same people more than once). Also realize that they are never on at the same time! I would also like to make a statement, just increasing the slot size would not increase the roleplay aspect. Not to brag, but my idea, that actually follows a storyline and has rules for a player to follow, WOULD incorporate much more roleplay.

I know that the future of EonCraft is really shaky right now, so this post may be useless in a few days.

--

eoncraft

June 4, 2012 at 8:43 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Prussiankings

My idea was that we we do the whole "two factions" again, but no Order and Coalition. Senz is right how its bringing back Morphcraft, which isnt want I want to do (seeing how half of these people werent on that)

We could do something where there is two complete empires and they duel it out

Or, going off of Senzs idea, we could create two factions (my idea). Something where its the city, and then the underground (not nessesarrly use factions, but have two groups)

Also, Mand and Sr aren't allowed to be leaders

And Mand, what was yours and Srs idea? Seeing how I havent heard anything about it

June 4, 2012 at 9:13 PM Flag Quote & Reply

AbsolvedCrypt

No wonder we aren't getting along people are still thinking "morphcraft vs taintedcraft" when its eoncraft. I think it's good to pull ideas from each and combine as one personally.

--

June 5, 2012 at 2:17 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Senza_Sordina

Abs, that's not what I'm thinking, it's what Mand here was trying to sneak in yet again and I was simply telling him that it's not making anyone happy, obviously.

--

eoncraft

June 5, 2012 at 7:55 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.