EonCraft

Survival & Creative Minecraft Server

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > TNT bring back the boom?

dmgadelha

I've reported a bug related to TNT not hurting players on server current configs... cant remember if it was Ort or Matt that confirmed it and said he'd fix as soon as possible... now... for a deeper thought on that subject:

I understand the reasons behind disabling TNT... griefers..etc

now.. should the players that respect the rules be "punished" because of those? TNT is cool.. and sometimes useful

I gotta be honest, I wasn't here when you guys made this decision, so I don't know what provoked it...maybe I don't have the right to request that since I've been here for such short time, but I'd like everyone to consider if bringing back block damage to TNT would be a good thing...

perhaps there is a way to allow only certain players to use it?

cheers

Dan.

--

November 22, 2011 at 3:04 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Sceptin
Yes, I'd love to have working TNT! Perhaps it could be fused with the server ranking, so that only citizens or higher can use it. Or you could make it so only people who donate could use it ;)
November 22, 2011 at 9:05 AM Flag Quote & Reply

AbsolvedCrypt

I'd personally love to have TNT working again. I agree with Sceptin, only allow citizens to use it, and not the new guys who join and register in one day. Besides, we have worldguard and that logging plugin, I don't see the trouble in that, and It would be lovely:)

November 22, 2011 at 11:29 AM Flag Quote & Reply

SindeR

Fine if it works with the logs and we can see who TNTed something and like you said Citizens only.

November 22, 2011 at 12:31 PM Flag Quote & Reply

OrtwinS

I agree that tnt would be pretty cool to have, but:

- Our logging plugin does not detect WHO ignited the tnt, damage can be rolled back but someone can still grief and get away with it.

- restrict tnt ignition to specific players: it IS possible, I did it on morphcraft for a while, but again, even trusted players can decide: 'I quit the game lets rampage', anyone remember 'agent 1997'? He was a moderator, a good one, until he went beserk and destroyed the Morphcraft 1.2 world (luckely that was 1 week before the 1.5 release, wich required a new map anyway).

I believe Mat was already a member of Morphcraft back then, I'm sure he remembers.

And 'donors can use tnt', again: we do trust some of you, but I trusted agent as well. and we currently have no safety net. Donating $ 5,- would be a small price if it gets you 'safe grief access' dont you think?

TNT? I'd love to, but I'm too afraid of it.

If only we had a way to pinpoint the person who ignites it.

November 23, 2011 at 4:48 AM Flag Quote & Reply

AbsolvedCrypt

Ooooh Agent1667...

November 23, 2011 at 9:59 AM Flag Quote & Reply

dmgadelha

Post from Ort... my comments in OrangeBold.

I agree that tnt would be pretty cool to have, but:

- Our logging plugin does not detect WHO ignited the tnt, damage can be rolled back but someone can still grief and get away with it.

As far as I know it detects who ignites but not if its ignited trough redstone (lol 90% of the ignites are)... No one can get  away for a long time... plus if it gets limited to "trusted" players.. chances of something bad happen get reduced

- restrict tnt ignition to specific players: it IS possible, I did it on morphcraft for a while, but again, even trusted players can decide: 'I quit the game lets rampage', anyone remember 'agent 1997'? He was a moderator, a good one, until he went beserk and destroyed the Morphcraft 1.2 world (luckely that was 1 week before the 1.5 release, wich required a new map anyway).

Player decides to quit and rampage, dmg is rolled back, player is gone cause he quit... everythingwentbetterthanexpected... 

perhaps it would take more time to know WHO can be trusted than just promote someone cause the person played for long enough

I believe Mat was already a member of Morphcraft back then, I'm sure he remembers.

And 'donors can use tnt', again: we do trust some of you, but I trusted agent as well. and we currently have no safety net. Donating $ 5,- would be a small price if it gets you 'safe grief access' dont you think?

I'm completely against using IRL game to buy items, and get advantages in game... money can't buy trust... that being said, I'd still donate, but to help server and owners... not to get stuff

TNT? I'd love to, but I'm too afraid of it.

Oh im afraid too!! Isn't it exciting if it happens? =D

If only we had a way to pinpoint the person who ignites it.

Perhaps the server owners can find a way to pinpoint ;) ... If not, we'll have to trust our admin / mod team to do dmg control if anything bad happens... my question is: IF majority of players "vote" to try it, will the admins give it a go?

Dan.

--

November 23, 2011 at 1:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

AbsolvedCrypt

If something were to happen, which I doubt, roll back the damage and pinpoint the guy who did it.

You can do this by logging who was on at the time, and who has the perms to do tnt.

--

November 23, 2011 at 2:06 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Nitemare24

Of course there are some pros and cons to the subject. And all of you former tainted members are SURE to remember Casually_Formal and his partner Itz_Micheal which i specifically remember blew up all of spawn with tnt and then moved on to WE'ing the whole area with spawners to lag the server :/. Casually_Formal was an admin! But now he's a low lying douche bag that no one likes ;). Anyways I still agree with the permission to use tnt if you are a certain rank. I know that there are risks but every server has someone like Casually_Formal, or Itz_Micheal, or Agent1997. But we can make it through the hard times as a server if history repeats itself and someone like them comes back. I AGREE with letting tnt be available :D

--

November 23, 2011 at 3:25 PM Flag Quote & Reply

AbsolvedCrypt

I thought his name was Agent1667, anyway,

Yeah, back in our oblivion map, some douche spammed tnt in the most hidden of places in the city (Under some bridges, above arches) and I didn't even notice until after he detonated. We lost that map forever (very old, before powerful anti griefing plugins were made). There are times at which I'd love to use tnt on the server, though we are punished for a select few :(

November 23, 2011 at 6:25 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.