EonCraft

Survival & Creative Minecraft Server

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > Impressions so far...

dmgadelha

Hi there EonCraft,

I've been playing here on a regular basis for some days so I decided to post some thoughts:

-I felt very well welcome the first time I logged into the server... everyone said "Hi", which might seem silly, but makes any new player feel good.

- I got here after a server merge, so there could still be some confusion... people need to understand that and be patient.

- Server is owned by two players, even tho both have equal power, a player can not expect to go ask one of them for something that would involve administration decision, and have it happening before he contacts the other owner... again, patience is necessary here friends.

- Comunity is good, and have a great potential to grow, invite your friends, your brothers, your parents... remember to ask them to read the rules.

- About the rules on the website, they are very clear still, missguided minds could interpret them wrong... my suggestion for the owners is a quick re-write when they have time, and if possible adding a couple of scenarios when they would be working.

- Yes you can be killed anywhere in the wild, you have a good reason to kill a player? go ahead... now, if you see that poor bastard, that have been grinding wood for 1 hour, to build his poor little house... and he never done anything against you... maybe he could live another day... he probably have a cobble sword while you have your shiny diamond one.

- Faction sistem works nice, tho I believe some people should give more vallue to the factions that already exist than trying to creat one with 2-3 people. I know you want to be faction leader, mod, etc, but perhaps there is room for you to grow into those positions in a faction that already exists, if you contribute to it and is a good player. Got 5+ friends to play?! awesome! create your faction and lets be happy.

- Commerce works nicely... It is great that bank can buy gold and diamonds... perhaps it would be nice if it bought more... but remember.. sometimes players have items you want, So remember to ask your friends... you might get a better deal than the bank can offer.

- Website could use some visual improvements... you might think its not important, but think of it as a the image of your company... in that case.. of your server... good marketing is always great to bring more players and improve community.

- RESPECT always all the administrative staff... they are there for a reason. If you believe one of them is not acting right, talk to him/her first, in private, never on public chat... Public chat generates some "drama" that doesn't help solving those problems. If the private talk doesn't work, contact a higher admin rank or a owner... avoid bringing small issues to public, they create bigger issues.

- We have 2 owners that offer their time and payment for the server. Respect them as well, and from time to time, ask them how can you help. If you have ideas that could improve the server, website or comunity in general, I'm sure they will hear. They pay monthly for this server so If you have condition to help, It wont hurt using your paypall account to... doens't need to be the full month payment... i'm sure any ammount will be welcome.

- And last... try to laught a bit, when you fall on lava and lose all your items... It's a game for God's sake... I fell on a lava trap yesterday, inside one of my friends house (Thanks sceptin) ... had my diamond pick and shovel.. hahaha.. all I could think is.. "well played scept... xD hah"

Good Job owners and mods... this has some good chance to grow... I'll do all I can to keep playing tho my free time might get smaller eventually.

hugs,

Dan.

November 10, 2011 at 3:31 PM Flag Quote & Reply

VvmattozzvV
Site Owner

Nice to hear support for the server!

Very nice post, I feel good now :P Will check out your request on the rules re-write will discuss with Ort!

- Matt

--

November 10, 2011 at 3:36 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ElkStalker

:D Its nice to see a positive post for a change! :) It makes us all feel so warm and fuzzy.... haha

--

Time To Get My MInecraft On!!!

November 10, 2011 at 6:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

dmgadelha

Thanks Matt and Elk ;)

--

November 10, 2011 at 7:27 PM Flag Quote & Reply

OrtwinS

Indeed, I'm glad that from the perspective if the 'newcomer' we at least do a reasenable job :).

We're always open for suggestions to improve things, I'd love to get a list of things you say could be misintrepeded from the rules.

But know that the server will become impossible to handle if people 'need a reason' for pvp, because then we get LONG discusstions from small-time players who are very angry they got ambushed, the other player having to explain his actions, and then we, the staff should be able to read magically their minds if they tell the truth, or find out how they twisted the truth, and then have to define what is or is not a valid reason to pvp.

Also dmgadelha, I like your signature, quite stylish :)

November 11, 2011 at 4:40 AM Flag Quote & Reply

dmgadelha

thanks for reading Ort... we'll talk more bout that in a close future... as for the signature.. I quickly made it yesterday...

it was actually made on a 3D software so I could mess with it a bit...

check this:  http://i.imgur.com/V1eLl.jpg

cheers,

Dan.

--

November 11, 2011 at 11:11 AM Flag Quote & Reply

AbsolvedCrypt

Aha! sweet! I'm working on a trailer for the server as we speak.

November 11, 2011 at 6:10 PM Flag Quote & Reply

OrtwinS

Oh, I love the 'Sword in the Stone Dirt' thing!

November 12, 2011 at 4:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

dmgadelha

OrtwinS at November 12, 2011 at 4:49 PM

Oh, I love the 'Sword in the Stone Dirt' thing!

Can be made in any block you want =p   from any texture pack you'd like haha... that's the fun of doing it on a 3D software xD

--

November 13, 2011 at 2:06 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.