EonCraft

Survival & Creative Minecraft Server

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > Request!

ShootingChimpz(MandM97)

Sorry for the past week.... but I havn't been on in a couple of days due to proper thinking on EonCraft.

I want to make a request on restarting the server.

by restarting i mean by new world, start over with the factions.

so this is my request for the future of EonCraft

--

November 6, 2011 at 1:31 PM Flag Quote & Reply

AbsolvedCrypt

Why?

--

November 6, 2011 at 1:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

OrtwinS

For that request you bring it very little arguments mandm, a new map is  BIG decition, it wont happen before MC 1.0 for sure, and even after that I think we will need some very good reasons to do so.

What do you offer, so that everyone (or at least 80%) is willing to give up all their work?

You say you thought about it, so please share some of the wisdom you have discovered.

November 6, 2011 at 1:55 PM Flag Quote & Reply

SindeR

Retarting wont solve "The problems" ...

November 6, 2011 at 2:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

VvmattozzvV
Site Owner

Why do we need to have a new world, what would that do?

All the players are settled on this world with many projects going on, People are having fun and working toghether. There is plenty of land that hasn't been explored (world is bigger now) Having disputes with people is common and having a new world wont exactly solve it.. My advice is to just talk to them, apologize and move on.

- Matt

--

November 6, 2011 at 2:19 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ShootingChimpz(MandM97)

The reason of this is because since the merge we used the Morphcrafts world. I believe if its a true merge we should a little bit of both servers in everything on the server. Since we can't put two worlds together than I believe on the stuff we can put together we should start new.

--

November 6, 2011 at 2:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

AbsolvedCrypt

Actually, vvmattozzvv came around about the time when morphcraft got this map, and we all seemed to fit happily on it. I honestly don't think that EVERYTHING has to be fulfilled for it to be a 'merge'. A merge is a merge, and we don't have to really start over just because we merged with another server.

November 6, 2011 at 2:52 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Amacken

AbsolvedCrypt at November 6, 2011 at 2:52 PM

Actually, vvmattozzvv came around about the time when morphcraft got this map, and we all seemed to fit happily on it. I honestly don't think that EVERYTHING has to be fulfilled for it to be a 'merge'. A merge is a merge, and we don't have to really start over just because we merged with another server.

I completely agree :D

--

Im a Miner :l

November 6, 2011 at 3:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Morpheel the Wise

--

November 6, 2011 at 4:10 PM Flag Quote & Reply

OrtwinS

Indeed, our current map was only 1 week old before the merger, and because the TaintedCraft map crashed and was completely lost we figured we might as well redirect all tainted players to morphcraft.

We then proceded with the merger by adapting the plugin setup and moving to the new server (hence the new IP) where we both have file access and we share the costs of.

Therefore Mand, you cannot use the argument of 'unfair tainted-morph map' so you can start over.

Anything else?

November 6, 2011 at 4:45 PM Flag Quote & Reply

dmgadelha

Mand, while I understand some of your reasons to request that, I believe it would harm most of the player base that is already settled on the server.

I haven't been here for long enough to know about the situation before the merge, but I think that the players are satisfied with the current map. That being said, the decision to start a new one would have little support.

Stick with this one, and if you need any help building anything or with resources, let me know.

Dan.

November 7, 2011 at 1:24 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.