|Posted on April 27, 2012 at 3:40 AM||comments (1)|
Hi all, I don't know if you guys keep up with MC news and development, we as server owners sure do.
The latest MC development snapshot (they release those every week) reveals (besides LOADS of bug fixes) that MC 1.3 will finally have vanilla support for editing books.
As of now, I (Ortwin) have no idea how this is going to work (hopefully requiring a feather and inc-sacks, maybe ink in a glass bottle?), but we will be looking for a way to convert all the books we have written into the new format.
Other additions/fixes include multi-wood-color slabs (finally), and they now actually act as wood (in stead of stone).
If you want to try it out, you can download the development .jar from www.mojang.com, if you do not know what to do with this .jar it proves you should not be messing with it.
(please note that you will not be able to connect to the server if you use this dev version, keep backups)
Ok, this is how it works in the snapshot release:
Crafting a book will now require a piece of leather.
If you want to write a book you need to combine it with a feather and an inc sack
It is unknown if you can place written books in a shelve.
All the ingredients are renewable, that means there is a new market for leather, feathers and inc! (why do chickens only drop 1 feather???)
Another note: Know that MC 1.3 is still VERY far away, we'll be using 1.2.5 for several months, the above changes are only fraction of the changes 1.3 will bring.
|Posted on March 20, 2012 at 5:35 AM||comments (1)|
I'll tell you why:
1) Half bugged plugins, because not all authors invest in updating time for mere 'beta' releases of Bukkit (our servermod), even though the new release schedule is based upon beta's (those plugin devs are lazy/misguided).
2) A stubborn MySQL database, but thats mostly a little frustrating for me and Matt, is supposed to be fixed this week
3) uncairtainty over the future of MC ("Wait...? WHAT???). Yes, because Minecraft 1.2.4 will be released this week, including a LOAD of bugfixes under the hood (The Bukkit team is hired by Notch, and they are doing a great job optimizing MC). This will obviously lead to another incompatibility wait-time until Bukkit --and most-delaying: the plugins-- will need to be updated.
1.2.4 update will happen THIS thursday! Details: HERE
My (OrtwinS') personal thoughts about it?
|Posted on March 2, 2012 at 2:00 AM||comments (6)|
The obvious news is ofcourse that MC 1.2 (
1.2.2 actually 1.2.3, thanks sean) has been released!
Please do NOT update yet, since you will not be able to play on our server, we run modded server that allows for plugins for money and stuff, and those need to updated as well. (Any timetable we could give you would be a gamble and a guess, please be patient, and we will keep you posted.)
That brings us to the even bigger news:
The Bukkit team, (the guys who program our modded server, for FREE, so we can have plugins and improved server stability) are now OFFICIALLY joining with Mojang (Notch' company) to make Minecraft officially server-mod-capable!!!
This awesome news means that for future MC updates there will be a lot less wait time for the server to update! (please keep in mind its still possible for induvidual plugins to need a fix for a new version, BUT since mojang releases snapshots 'n stuff those developers should have plenty chances to fix their sh*t before the actual update). MC 1.3 is expected to become legendary...
And for the occasion, Mojang has stated they are going to help the Bukkit team with the 1.2 update, so this update is supposed to go smoother already!
Matt & Ortwin
|Posted on January 13, 2012 at 12:20 AM||comments (4)|
Lead developer of minecraft Jeb released 1.1 today, snapshots (development versions) have been released every week so if you were playing on them you should have a clue about what features were being included a list of them can be found here. Ofcourse for any update our server must wait awhile until all our plugins and our server software has been updated before we do. So our server will continue to run on 1.0 until we give the go ahead.
We will NOT be having a new map even tho there is new terrain generation but nothing too significant