EonCraft

Survival & Creative Minecraft Server

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > Server Update

Sceptin

Hey, so I've been waiting very impatiently day by day for the updated map, and just wanted to say, I don't mind having the server closer to vanilla Minecraft for a while as we wait for the rest of the plug-ins. Really I don't see a need for some plug-ins, like mcmmo, anymore. With enchanting and potions now, like fortune and looting, double drops just aren't needed any longer. And I'd rather wait a week for must have plug-ins and play vanilla on the new map for a week, instead of waiting at least 2 weeks for all plug-ins to be ready.

And I think it'd be nice if we had special events, like tournaments or challenge maps on the server while we wait for everything to update. I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to set some small, fun things up for us to enjoy while we wait for the update. Or at the very least we could set the creative map as the "test" one so we can build and try new things on the server that we can show others and build in survival later. Just something thats been on my mind lately. Hope the server gets updated real soon...

Thanks for reading,

Sceptin

--

http://i.imgur.com/N0FJf.png

March 15, 2012 at 6:36 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Nitemare24

I hope so too, real soon. I really agree with your idea about special events, it would make the server a lot less bland.

ALSO, I was thinking of making a real MinecraftForum post. Not some cheap ad that dissappears in a few seconds, and I think that somehow if possible we could recruit a whitelist team and new members could just apply to be a member on the MC Forums. I know for a fact, having to go to a website to register is a big turnoff.

If you think this is a good idea at all, I would be happy to make the forum post. I could customize it and add screenshots too, make it look real nice. I would also like to be in the white-list team.

Please give this a thought admins,

-Nite

--

March 15, 2012 at 9:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Senza_Sordina

I agree Sceptin, I hope it's real soon too. And Nite, that is a good idea, I really hope they put your plan into action. However, what I really think should happen is we make another video to put on YouTube like we did in Rismack. I am also putting lots of ads on PMC (and will continue to do so) so that as many people as possible can look at it. I'm not sure how well the whitelist thing would work, because I know that people tend to shy away from whitelist servers. Just my POV on the whole thing.

--

eoncraft

March 16, 2012 at 10:28 AM Flag Quote & Reply

AbsolvedCrypt

Nitemare24 at March 15, 2012 at 9:47 PM

I hope so too, real soon. I really agree with your idea about special events, it would make the server a lot less bland.

ALSO, I was thinking of making a real MinecraftForum post. Not some cheap ad that dissappears in a few seconds, and I think that somehow if possible we could recruit a whitelist team and new members could just apply to be a member on the MC Forums. I know for a fact, having to go to a website to register is a big turnoff.

If you think this is a good idea at all, I would be happy to make the forum post. I could customize it and add screenshots too, make it look real nice. I would also like to be in the white-list team.

Please give this a thought admins,

-Nite

Good idea, would be nice to have a few more players.

Forcing the players to register is a 95% chance to reduce griefers and has been proven.

March 16, 2012 at 6:09 PM Flag Quote & Reply

AbsolvedCrypt

Senza_Sordina at March 16, 2012 at 10:28 AM

I agree Sceptin, I hope it's real soon too. And Nite, that is a good idea, I really hope they put your plan into action. However, what I really think should happen is we make another video to put on YouTube like we did in Rismack. I am also putting lots of ads on PMC (and will continue to do so) so that as many people as possible can look at it. I'm not sure how well the whitelist thing would work, because I know that people tend to shy away from whitelist servers. Just my POV on the whole thing.

Uhh.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWTNDsYskn8 ?

March 16, 2012 at 6:13 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Senza_Sordina

Um, Abs? This is definitely the old map of EonCraft, and what I was getting at is an advertisement for the NEW one. Of course, people will not want to watch an old trailer from a map long gone and join only to see a completely different one. In this one, I see that you have not included the players and staff, or a description of the server, only pictures. We can definitely improve this to make it a lot more interesting to people. Sorry for the confusion Abs.

--

eoncraft

March 16, 2012 at 7:06 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Senza_Sordina

So, what I'm saying is, is that I'm not saying that we haven't made an advertisement video in the past, I am simply stating that we should continue to do that for the new map. And we can tweak it to make it 'eye candy' for people, thus skyrocketing the number of players on the server. (Example: adding a cool motto for the server, stating that it is 100% legit, etc.)

--

eoncraft

March 16, 2012 at 8:53 PM Flag Quote & Reply

AbsolvedCrypt

The idea is that the video shows what we can do and what we have done in the past.

I take things from more of a 'scenic' point of view (Like my forest temple from OOT on my channel) Most of the players were never on, and I also had to mimic places in single player to be able to fly.

If we ever get a new map and the server updates, it will take about 2 months to get anything worth showing built by then.

I don't do multiple advertisements for a new map.. Considering we've gone through about 4 or 5 already.

I didn't use a motto, but I did use the Eoncraft™ official icon.

I thought my advertisement was 'eye candy' or appealing to me, at least. Don't know why it wouldn't be eye candy considering I got a lot of good shots.  It wasn't the best, and yet it was not the worst.

I worked out a really good plan for a new ad that would take things beyond the next level, started on that a month ago.

My buddy showed me some cool tricks in sony vegas which is somewhat appealing.

Eventually I trashed it after we changed maps to the previous one back in 1.0.

You can have the liberty in designing the next ad. Best wishes.

March 17, 2012 at 7:05 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ElkStalker

I dont see the problem in creating a new advertisment? Yeah, it does take time. being 100% legit should be a main draw to our server. so we should include that into a video and show the amazing things that have been built legitly. I know that most of those buildings in the current video were not legit.

The buildings, such as the Kingdom Castle should be featured. It is an impressive build and it was built legitly. Yeah buildings that are build with creative are cool but, there is a certain draw and impressivness to buildings that have been built legitly that are just as impressive.

I also like Nites' post. A whitelist server would be a good idea. That way we could help control who gets on the server. People who have to fill out an application are much more likely to be dedicated to the server. If we did collect a team that would go throught the applications and approved them, we could have a fairly efficient system going. i would be willing to serve on this team if it is implimented.

--

Time To Get My MInecraft On!!!

March 17, 2012 at 7:44 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Senza_Sordina

Abs, I'm sorry if I came across the way you make it sound like. I was NOT trying to say that your ad was bad, it really was great and should be recognized for all of the hard work you put into it. I obviously should have worded my first post a different way, because I was simply saying that we definitely should advertise the server more than we do now, and a video would be a great way to do that. True, it will take a while for us to have something built that is advertisement-worthy. But, eventually, a video would be a good choice. I was not asking to make the next ad because I think I could do it better than you, I really do not have the equipment to do that. I know that you have experience and practice, and we would be glad for you to do this again for us. Sorry for any confusion that I have caused and I hope to see you around soon.

--

eoncraft

March 17, 2012 at 8:56 PM Flag Quote & Reply

AbsolvedCrypt

No, I know what you mean.

The video is bland and does not feature many of the server's assets.

I was just against the idea of creating one every new map that comes out.

It is about time for another video, I agree.

How about one with a narrator who has a deep voice? lmao.

Editing videos and such does not take a whole lot of practice and can be easily implemented within a few days.

I suggest using Sony Vegas Pro 9, or 10.

Maybe we can both work on clips sometime - the two months period would give you some time to gain skill.

March 17, 2012 at 9:22 PM Flag Quote & Reply

VvmattozzvV
Site Owner
We will always have the registering to our website feature, it filters out people looking for a easy grief and also shows us who can follow basic instructions. I admit we do sometimes take awhile to accept people because we sometimes forget to check the 'join us' page...maybe getting a website team would be a good idea.
--

March 18, 2012 at 7:41 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Nitemare24

I disagree with the youtube video. Well, no one will find the video. What we need (in my opinion) is to create a legit permanant minecraft forum page. Not an advertisement. And then we can put the video on that. And we have a white-list team on it.

--

March 18, 2012 at 12:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

VvmattozzvV
Site Owner

People will always have to apply on here, not on that forum. We want people to come here for news and updates on our server our own private community.

--

March 18, 2012 at 3:05 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Nitemare24

But we could have a link on the MC forum post. Plus, just because we have a private website with forums it doesn't mean people will look at it.

--

March 18, 2012 at 5:31 PM Flag Quote & Reply

VvmattozzvV
Site Owner

If people don't look on here then they miss out on our news.

--

March 19, 2012 at 3:10 AM Flag Quote & Reply

SindeR

Just a question so all ideas are a lot more clear for me (this is more adressed to Ort and Matt):
- You want more people?

- You want serious people or just boobies who run around the server for a week and leave ?

- You want this to be Fully Role-Play or Half or the way it was in 1.0 ?

- You like Ad's all over the internet: YouTube vids, Signatures, Spam, or maybe you just like a Post on the MC Forums and you just Reply on it a few times a week ?

Just give me arguments and I will help you, I know how to get people, random or serious, alot or few, it is just what you need and want. You should really discuss this with all the Admins because this is very important.

March 19, 2012 at 11:40 AM Flag Quote & Reply

ElkStalker

I totally agree everyone feels lost right now. No one really knows what is going on with the server at all. Are we close to updating? I have not gotten a clear answer yet. I keep hearing that it will be next week, tomarrow, even today but, so far it has not happend. I dont blame you if you are having problems but, could we get some clarification to whats happening with updating. Then I am wondering if we are going 100% role-play or not. No one knows what to expect from the new server. I would really be nice to get some deffinate answers, instead of maybes.

March 19, 2012 at 11:59 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Nitemare24

Yes but Matt I know everyone won't go on these forums. There will definitely be people that sign up on here, and never come again. 

--

March 19, 2012 at 3:42 PM Flag Quote & Reply

AbsolvedCrypt

Every day i've been playing more other games besides MC.

That's why I was never on during 1.1 or whatever hell update it was.

When will the server be updated?

Version 1.2 was released on March 1, 2012. Almost 20 days ago.

Even before that, people weren't really playing; yet waiting for the server to update.

A lot of other servers are already running 1.2

WHEN?

March 19, 2012 at 6:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.